Well, hello there! Here’s a question for you – do you want to work for one of the world’s leading mobile games site and help deliver a first-class editorial experience? You do? That’s great ‘cos we’re hiring for such a person.
This is a full-time role (40 hours) and pay will depend on experience. The role will be offered initially on a contract basis with an invoice at the end of each month.
Steel Media is a fast-paced, small company where decisions are made quickly. First and foremost you need to manage multiple communications channels daily, via email, Skype and Google Docs and not be fazed by this.
As Pocket Gamer’s new Editor you’ll:
- Manage, structure, and appraise the site’s core team.
- Manage the site’s editorial budget and run a team of freelance contributors, and ensure communication is kept up between all contributors.
- Work with the senior management to implement the site’s tidy new look in 2018.
- Work with the board and consumer team (Editorial/Advertising), to devise the content strategy for PG and its activities, and help shape it for the future.
- Hit daily targets set by the company and ensure all content appears smoothly/in line with agreed schedules
- Be an ambassador for Pocket Gamer and Steel Media at events.
- Work with the advertorial team to share leads and deliver sponsored features/editorial pieces when needed.
To be considered for the job you’ll need:
- 3+ years of editorial experience with a proven track record
- Flawless managerial and commissioning skills
- A (totally platonic) love of mobile games
- A seriously stable internet connection
- Writing skills, with examples
- A valid EU passport with no restrictions
- Willingness to travel to represent the company at shows
- The ability to work from home, ideally living in UK/Europe near a major airport
- Understanding of the requirements of good gaming news, reviews, features, and guides
Read the full break down of responsibilities, duties, and benefits right here before applying: http://tinyurl.com/PGRelaunchEditor.